Sunday, October 29, 2006

Weekend

This has been a major blowout week, ending with a not-too bad weekend.

I'm doing Intermittent Fasting (IF) and on my eating days I usually don't worry about what I eat....but within reason. This past week I splurged. I had a sub, and a milkshake, and regular cheesecake with chocolate fudge. It was all very tasty, but time to get back on track!!!

Went to see my oldest this weekend. She's so happy!! She's in college up in Boone, and she's still plugging along!! She was refused further financial assistance, but is going to continue to fight for it. She's an English major with a concentration in creative writing. She's a very good writer and enjoys everything about English! Funny tho, she's had trouble with her foreign language!! She tried and failed with Spanish, even with tutors, and now she's taking German. She's doing well, but she still needs a tutor!! She wants her Master's, but she's still got a long road ahead of her. She's technically a Junior (I think), and is only able to go part time.

We went to see the Appalacian State football team trample Furman University. Final score was 40-7! And man was it cold!!!Luckily Laura had a hat and gloves for me. I remembered to wash my coat and bring warm sweaters, etc....but forgot all about my head and hands!! I was amazed at the number of girls (students) who appeared to put fashion over comfort!!

I am so proud of my kids!!!

Here's my Brian this past summer:

Here's Laura and Chris (her honey!):

I'll be weighing in Tuesday AM, will post again then.

Oh yea...I couldn't forget my puppies!!
That would be Daisy on the left and Duke on the right.

No comments: