Friday, January 27, 2006

Starting Today

This is going to be a record of my life with low carb eating.

I started LC a few years ago and lost about 45#. I felt great, looked better, and was able to stop many of the medications I was taking.

Eventually, I stopped low carb, mainly because of laziness. It's so much easier to just grab something to eat...fast food, packaged food, snacks. Low carb takes work and I was just too lazy!

The beginning of January I decided to get back on my plan and be serious. I still have about 45-50 pounds to loose....but more importantly, I want to be healthy and live a long life!

I started January 3rd @220#. Today I weighed in at 205. I've actually been at 205 for over a week, but I'm not concerned, I know the weight will drop soon. As long as I stick with my plan!!!!
Here's my plan:
Net carbs of 30-40/day, mostly from veggies and a little fruits.
Whole, natural foods as much as possible.
Minimal use of processed foods
Fats are fine, as long as they're natural and fresh.
35-40g of protein at each meal, or a total of 105+gms/day
Whole fat cheese, yogurt, cream and occasional milk (in tea)
3-4 quarts of liquid a day, mostly water.
Veggies, veggies, and more veggies!
Fruits mainly limited to berries with an occasional "treat" of other lower carb fruits like apples, peaches, etc.

Exercise. I have NOT been at all good at exercising. This is going to change. I will be exercising at least 3X/week and I'll be starting (slowly) back on weights .

In addition to my diet, I take the following supplements:
MVI, "senior" formula without iron.
B Complex and Folic Acid
Magnesium, Vitamins D and E, Calcium, and Potassium.

I read a lot of articles online. I will post my take on the ones I think are good.....or bad.

No comments: