Saturday, December 30, 2006

Last day of the year!!

Recomitting, Starting Over.....

Whatever we want to call it, it's all the same thing. We need, at times, to blow off some steam.....and some of us do that with food. When that happens, we need to recommit to our original plan towards health and weight loss.

For me, this time, the trigger was staying home too long after my son's accident.....combined being cash poor.....and the holiday season.

I was doing great when Bri had his accident. I was quite proud of myself for not eating anything unacceptable on my plan. I worked from home for about 2 1/2 weeks after the accidnet....so far, so good. Then, after seeing the doc.....and going back to work to find homemade cookies on my desk (my boss's famous sugar cookies and the best oatmeal chocolate chip ever)....and having a "holiday breakfast" at work that was 95% carbs....and not having enough money to buy what I want for Christmas presents.....well, it all kinda came crashing down.

At first I was careful, I had some of the treats at the breakfast, but had a good lunch and dinner. Of course I had some of the cookies, but I shared them with my son.

But then things got totally out of control. Today I have had lots of bad stuff.....not just high carb, but junk! Highly processed, empty calorie, high carb junk. Today I was better than I was yesterday. Today I limited myself, "allowed" myself just a little, after eating good, healthy foods.

January 1, 2007 I totally recommit to changing my lifestyle to what I believe is the healthiest lifestyle.

That lifestyle includes
  • Following a low carb plan, specifically Protein Power Life Plan
    • Protein requirements = 102g/day (102g = 408 calories)
    • Carb level = under 40g/day (40g = 160 calories)
    • Total daily calories at least 1200.
    • No fruit X2 weeks, then berries to start
    • Minimal use of dairy and grains
    • Nuts allowed up to once a day
  • Drinking lots of plain water, at least 80% of intake
    • Hot coffee with cream or hot tea with milk acceptable
    • Sugar free soda max 2 bottles/cans per week
    • NO sugar free hot chocolate
  • Getting into an exercise program I can keep up.....details to follow
  • Minimizing the use of processed foods, artificial sweeteners
    • Looking for recipe to make small amount of mayo, say a cup or two?
    • Looking for recipe to make small amount of dressing, 1 cup max.

January 1, I will measure myself and record the measurements in Fitday PC. I will also weigh myself. I fear I may be back where I started weight-wise.....and I'm sure at least some of my measurements are larger. I will also update my ticker and post it here.

I am starting with 3 challenges.
  • Loose 20 pounds in 20 weeks.
    • January 1 = starting date
    • May 21 = ending date
  • Walk in neighborhood at least 3 times a week
  • Try at least 2 new recipes a month. Record recipe, picture, and opinion here.
Still have to come up with an exercise plan I can live with....but walking and biking will be part of it.

Tomorrow starts a new year. I am hoping it will be a better year. 2006 was not a good year overall, so I am really hoping 2007 will be better!!!

No comments: