Just a quick update.....no I haven't sold my house yet, and yes I'm still packing and cleaning!! Man what a lot of work!!
I've been tagged by Sparky's Girl to list 8 random facts about myself.
First, the Rules:
1) Post these rules before you give your facts
2) List 8 random facts about yourself
3) At the end of your post, choose (tag) 8 people and list their names, linking to them
4) Leave a comment on their blog, letting them know they’ve been tagged
Here are my 8 facts:
1. I have 2 adult children, ages 22 and 25, that I raised as a single mom. (and I'm incredibly proud of them!)
2. At the age of 43 I packed up my kids and myself, sold my house, quit my job, and moved from MA to NC.
3. I'm a RN, and probably became one because of my dad's sister, also a nurse, who I adored.
4. My hair is pretty much completely gray and has been for several years....I first noticed it changing before my 13th birthday.
5. I'm the baby of the family, the youngest of 4. There is 13 yrs between me and my sister, the oldest.
6. I'm a RN, but right now I work as a QA Analyst testing a web-based application for nurses, social workers, etc. I'm self taught in at least 75-80% of what I know about computers and applications.
7. I have 2 dogs, Daisy and Duke, who are rescues. They are a mix (we think) of Doberman, Shepherd and some kind of hound. After I move I might get a kitten.
8. I love birds. I like to feed them, watch them, photograph them....but I can't stand to see them in a cage!!
Now...who will be my victims??
1. Jimmy Moore (Livin La Vida Low Carb)
2. Connie Bennett (Sugar Shock)
3. Mark (Mark’s Daily Apple)
4. Mr & Mrs Fat (Blogging While Fat)
5. Lady Rose (The Diet Pulpit)
6. Crabby (Cranky Fitness)
7. BamaGal (Back Across the Line)
8. Carol (Kudos for Low Carb)
I hope none have already been tagged....I'm way behind in my blog reading!!
OK....Now the REAL reason I'm posting today. I have hit my latest mini-goal!!!
I am soooo psyched!! My goal was 180 by 8/12, and I weighed in Saturday at that, then Sunday at 179.4!! That means I have less than 20 pounds to go!!
Last time I weighed under 180 was when I was pregnant with my son.....yep, the 22 yr old. When I got pregnant with my son I weighed 175....so that's my next goal. I think by December 1. Since I'm so close to goal I know the loss will be slow, and I don't want to set too high a goal and end up getting frustrated.
This weekend I'm going on vacation with a long time friend. We're going to Hilton Head, where she has been able to get a vacation share. We have no idea what the place looks like, but we're going!! I don't even care if it rains all week!! Just being able to get away from work, and the house, and all the rest....and talk to a dear old friends.....who needs sun!!
OK....that's it for now!! I'm hoping once I get back from vacation things will be a bit quieter. But not for too long!! I want to sell my house and move and get back to normal!!
Thanks to all who read my blog and post comments. Be sure to check out the people I've tagged! They all have great blogs!