Saturday, September 29, 2007

I'll be back!!

But I'll be gone for a while.

I am moving!! My house sold and I should be closing on Monday afternoon (Tuesday AM at the latest). I'm done with the showings, and done with the repairs and almost done packing!!

Not sure where I'm going yet....but the hunt is going good. I had to pay off a few things before I could get a decent mortgage and I have at least 2 choices! There are 2 homes in a nearby small town.

One is a bungalow and has 2 bedrooms, a big kitchen and a decent size living room There's also 2 baths and it's on about 1/3 acre. The house was built on 1914 and I'm told it's obviously a home that was "built for someone special" because of the work and attention to detail.
The house is newly renovated, with new stove and refrigerator as well as 2 new baths (1 full, 1 half). The 2 bedrooms are decent size and the living room is a good size. There are Pergo floors all rooms except the kitchen and main bath. The kitchen has little counter space, but I'm used to that. There is a fantastic attic that can be used for storage, although access isn't good. This was my first choice until the owner decided to add the half bath (apparently his Realtor didn't tell him I was interested!). The second bath isn't finished, but should be by Monday, so I can see the finished product.

The other house, the one that is my first choice is a ranch. It also has 2 bedrooms, about the same sizes. There is also a kitchen and dining area as well as a huge living room with a wood stove. I love wood stoves! This is a nice sturdy house build in 1980 and also has a nice yard. The deck on this house is bigger, but not as new as the other.
This house is also newly renovated and has wall to wall carpeting. Also a new stove, no refrigerator, but it does have a dishwasher. There is a separate area for dining, and there are lots of cabinets and more counter space. There is only 1 bath, but it's large and right by the 2 bedrooms. The washer and dryer are in the bathroom. The closets in this house are bigger. We didn't see the attic, but the crawl space is nice and dry and there's a carport in the back. The problem right now with this place is that there is currently a contract on it. The buyer is having problems with funding, and it may fall through. We'll know for sure in a few days.

I'll be staying at a nearby motel with my 2 dogs. A friend works at the Motel and her boss gave me a great deal!! The room is large enough for the dog's crates and it's just about the same distance to work. I'll have a microwave and a refrigerator, so eating is going to be OK. I will have Internet access, but I'm not sure how reliable it will be. I'm going to spend my spare time reading. I'm way behind on a lot of my favorite blogs, and I've got Gary Taubes' book arriving any day!

Oh yea!! Check out my Flicker pics to see the furniture and dishes I'm trying to sell!!

This should be an interesting couple of weeks!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on selling your house. I do hope you are able to find the perfect home for you. Of the 2 you are looking at---I love the older one with the wood floors---but the ranch with the big kitchen would be the best for me. I wish you the best and check in when you can---hugs to you my friend.

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
So glad the house is sold and that you have a convenient 'holding place' for the time being. Gee, both homes look nice to me; they both have that tranquil, peaceful, 'place to call home' look, but like Ms. Bamagal, I'm a fan of big kitchens;-)
Good luck to you and keep us updated!
Adam;-)

footiam said...

Make yourself a home!zz

Alcinda (Cindy) Moore said...

Posting and update soon....going for the 1914 house.

Unknown said...

Hey Cindy, I hope your move continues to go smoothly.

I'm with Diet King and Bama Gal, big kitchens rock!f