Friday, September 15, 2006

September 15, 2006




Thursday: No lunch again today....belly better, but not hungry. I read an intersting blog today. Dr Mike wrote about Intermittent Fasting. I've also been reading more and more articles that basically say if you eat when you're hungry, even if it's not a lot, you'll be better off than sticking with any schedule. Hmmmm....maybe I should be as worried about eating as much as what I eat?!?!?!?

OK....I have seen that once I get into low carb I have a very low appetite. And there have been times I've almost forced myself to eat something, just to make sure I don't fall below a certain calorie level. Maybe I've been wrong in doing this?

I'm not going to get into the fasting, at least not now, but I am going to stop worrying about how many meals I eat in a day now. I do like the idea of fasting 6PM to 6PM like Dr Mike suggested, but for now, I'm going to strictly listen to my body and see what happens. I think I might increase the use of protein drinks and powders.....I'll have to think about that. I do like my meat, but not sure I can get an adequate amount of protein this way. But let's see.

It's funny tho, since I got sick this time I have been listening to my body and eating whatever I wanted. I have been sticking with low carb, and watching my intake, but I've basically eaten what I want. 4 days this past week I've really had 2 meals and a snack....which I guess could be considered 3 meals. But to me it's been breakfast, dinner and a snack.

I think for a while I'm going to just eat when I want to and just stick with my low carb choices.

Here are my totals for the Thursday:
Calories:
1112
Carbs: 29g
Fiber: 5g (net = 24g)
Fat: 73g
Saturated: 28g
Monounsaturates: 19g
Polyunsaturates: 10g
Protein: 84g

Breakfast:
Strawberry shake
egg whites
cream

Dinner:
Cheeseburger with bread and catsup

Snack:
Shake with cream and egg whites

I've had 100 oz pure water and 1 large cup of tea with whole milk.
According to Fitday, my fluid intake was 122 oz.

For Thursday I burned only 2167 calories (went with default for sedentary, because I have been). This includes digestion.



No comments: