Thursday, September 21, 2006

September 21, 2006

Short Term Goal:


Thursday:

Well, I survived my fasting day!!!!

I only fasted for 22 hrs, since I decided to do this last night after 11PM.....and I knew I wouldn't be able to eat today after 11 and still get a good night's sleep.

Mostly I drank water all day. I did have a cup of tea....well actually I made 2 cups, but the second never got drank. I also had a few sips of coffee and a can of diet soda.

For the most part I was fine all day.....a few hunger pangs here and there, but not bad at all.

And for dinner tonight I made myself a pretty big taco salad. Lettuce, taco seasoned ground beef, shreadded cheese, sour cream and salsa. A little while later I had my raspberry & blueberry cobbler with whipped cream.

I don't think I'm going to do this fasting thing every other day.....but maybe one day every 2-4 days. Maybe if I hit a stall I'll increase the frequency.....but for now I'll stick with this schedule.

For those of you that haven't been following my blog, see Dr Michael Eades' blog on Intermittent Fasting for details, reason for fasting, etc. Additional information can be found here.

Here are my totals for the Thursday:

Calories: 1177
Carbs:37 g
Fiber: 12g (net = 25g)
Fat: 88g
Saturated: 40g
Monounsaturates: 23g
Polyunsaturates: 9g
Protein: 65g

9-10PM:
Taco salad (beef)

11PM-12m:
Raspberry & blueberry cobbler with whipped cream
Protein shake

I've had 104 oz pure water, tea, soda and a few sips of coffee.
According to Fitday, my fluid intake was 139 oz.

For Tuesday I burned 2456 calories This includes all logged activities and digestion.

So on Friday it's back to my normal low carb plan, Protein Power again. I am still going to stick with the idea of eating only when my body tells me to eat. I am going to stick with low carb foods, and I'm going to try and icrease my protein intake, but I'm only going to eat when hungry.

Weigh day is Tuesday.....wonder what will happen.

Long Term Goal:

No comments: